Helping to provide food to the hungry, one step at a time
CROP Hunger Walk demographics
- 68 percent are over 18, average age is 33.5.
- About two-thirds are women.
- 64 percent of CROP Hunger Walkers over age 18 have a college or advanced degree. Half are professionally employed in their communities.
- Half are CROP Hunger Walking for their second, third, fourth, or more time.
- 73 percent of participants say fighting hunger locally and globally is their key reason for taking part.
- 53 percent say the CROP Hunger Walk is the only fund-raising marathon-type activity in which they participate.
- Walkers get about 95 percent of their sponsors from their place of worship, family, neighborhood and workplace.